Thursday, February 19, 2015

Protein Synthesis

DNA molecule:

GCCGTACCAAGGGAACGTCACACAAGGCAAGTTGATCATTG

7 comments:

  1. START: I want to eat before I study for Anthropology : STOP

    yah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is correct! Good job!

      Delete
    2. Well actually you were close. It's I want to eat PIZZA before I study for anthropology.

      Delete
    3. Actually, Tim is correct. There is no codon for "Pizza" in your code (ACU). The sentence works either way, but you should check your code before assuming the other student is incorrect!

      Here is my decode for reference:

      DNA: GCCGTACCAAGGGAACGTCACACAAGGCAAGTTGATCATTG
      RNA: CGGCAUGGUUCCCUUGCAGUGUGUUCCGUUCAACUAGUAAC
      Codons: AUG GUU CCC UUG CAG UGU GUU CCG UUC AAC UAG
      (start) I want to eat before I study for anthropology. (stop)

      Delete
  2. We both had the same. If I am correct it goes random letters until AUG (start Coden). Then its :"Hungry Animals think and dream about becoming the pizza monster" (stop coden) then random letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zharlene, Timothy_G has already posted a decode. You can leave your comment up, but you will need to decode a separate code for credit.

      Sam, you only need to respond to Tim for credit, but you can respond to both if you wish.

      Delete
    2. No I'm sorry that is not correct

      Delete